Sunday, 29 November 2015
I & L Day in the IES Mediterráneo
The day of our project began with a presentation by our leader Carmen Torres to the municipal authorities of the city and to the representatives of the parents of students. Later, high school students carried out various activities to diseminate the project Involve me & I Learn to students in basic courses of the school.
Thanks to all the Spanish team.
This is the presentation
This is the presentation
|Click HERE to watch it|
On 27th November 2015 our article about Involve Me and I Learn Day, the project and our visit to Iceland was published on the Slovenian portal SLOMEDIA.IT; the same article was published by Primorski dnevnik, the only Slovenian daily in Italy, on 10th January 2016.
Our Involve Me & I Learn Day was a great day at Prešeren.
Boris, Alja and Barbara with a "little help of their friends" have arranged a very lively multimedia exhibition in the entrance hall, so that everybody in the school can visit it individually or in class groups. You are kindly invited to see it.
Thanks a lot for all the Trieste I&L Team.
All the students had the opportunity to watch presentations special made for this day, the videos that we made last year and they had made the maps of 6 countries in big panels, that will decorate the walls.
Thanks, Lela Golikidou and all the greek tream.
Tuesday, 17 November 2015
At the beginning of June 2015 13 students of our class went to their primary schools to tell the pupils there something about our Involve me & I learn project and to show them the video about our school.
We visited 5 primary schools in Ljubljana and its vicinity and talked to approximately 330 pupils and 20 teachers. Before having our presentations we had to get in touch with the principals of primary schools to set the dates. We presented the project to 8th grade pupils (the ones who will be leaving primary school in a year’s time). The presentation lasted between 15 and 45 minutes, depending on pupils’ interest. We started the lesson with some information about our project in general, we also showed them the project’s website and blog, then we showed them the video we had made and at the end we told them something about our school and answered their questions if there were any. The teachers were really eager to know something more about our project; while the feedback from pupils was different in every class - some of them had a lot of questions and others just sat there silently.
Our opinion on the experience:
- We had a great time at our primary school, because we saw our teachers and we also got a snack J. The presentation of the project was easy, especially because we knew a lot of the pupils and teachers. This was a great and valuable experience for us. Ana and Jona
- The project is an interesting topic, so it was fun presenting it. Because we did not prepare any text in advance, we were a bit worried about having the presentation and organizing it all, but soon realized it had all been a waste of time - we were great at presenting it and really relaxed. The teacher was thrilled at the end of our presentation, and so were some of the students who asked us quite a lot of questions. Lea, Ela and Julija
- The presentation of the project was quite easy, probably because we were relaxed and not nervous at all. At the end of every presentation (we had 4 of them in 4 different classes) we also got a round of applause. It was nice to go back to primary school and say hello to our teachers and try being in their shoes. Ema, Tinkara, Jan and Rok
- We think the whole experience was a positive one and we are happy we could gain some new experience in the field of teaching, because we had never explained anything to people we had never seen before. It was also interesting to see how different classes of students responded to our presentation. Janja and Veronika C.
- We were a bit nervous from the start, especially in the first class we presented our project; but after doing it successfully for the first time, it was really easy and we did it with a lot of self confidence in the next two classes. Ilija and Gal